Human Rights Campaign
Washington, District of Columbia
Last Updated: 7/29/2014
Jon Schadt, HR Assistant
1640 Rhode Island Avenue
Washington, D.C. 20036
Link to job: http://www.hrc.org/careers
Position Summary The Sales Associate of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Store is a part time position and reports directly to the ACS General Manager. The Sales Associate is responsible for the duties listed below.
• Meeting daily revenue goals by focusing on HRC’s membership, educational and political objectives;
• Insuring that at least 80% of all transaction include the customer’s name, address, phone number and gender;
• Work scheduled shifts between opening and closing hours of operation of ACS;
• Learn and utilize the full capacity of the POS system;
• Maintain physical appearance, upkeep, cleaning and stocking of the ACS;
• Follow HRC’s merchandising standards and protocols to provide maximum visual impact and financial return;
• Promote an environment of political action and excellent customer/member service.
HRC Store Sales Associates support the LGBT rights movement in a fun retail environment. The ideal candidate will possess great communication skills, enjoy working with people and be knowledgeable about the LGBT rights movement and the work of HRC. At least 1-2 years of consistent retail experience is required. An interest in politics is desired. Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays required.
⇐ Back to Jobs