Nonprofit Management Resources List
There's a veritable ton of agencies that you can look to for assistance in getting your community center started. Visit our extensive collection.
How to Do a Community Needs Assessment
- Establish a working committee to solicit individ ual and community involvement and develop a plan of action.
- List important issues to be addressed.
- Identify the population to be surveyed.
- Determine the information that is needed -- it may be existing information which must be collected, or it may be information gathered using a survey.
- Select a random sample of persons to survey.
- Develop and pretest a questionnaire.
- Collect information.
- Analyze the data.
- Report the results.
Follow this link for a detailed discussion of these steps.
Show Me The Models!
Does your community center have a great volunteer management manual? Lesbian health brochure? Policies and procedures for running an information and referral program? Have you gotten the scoop on local or state funding opportunities that may benefit other LGBT community centers? If yes, then we want to hear about it! Share those model programs, policies and procedures, and materials with CenterLink so that we can make them available either on our website or (better yet) as a link to your center’s website to LGBT community centers across the country. Contact us.