YouthLink, a program of CenterLink, assists newly forming youth centers and programs and helps strengthen existing youth centers and programs, through networking opportunities for youth center leaders and youth program staff, peer-based technical assistance and training, and a variety of capacity building services.
Among other resources, YouthLink offers the following to staff at CenterLink member centers and programs:
- A listserv of youth program staff enabling you to connect to other youth programming staff around the country to ask questions of each other and share resources
- Webinars on a variety of topics of interest to youth programming staff
- Monthly resource e-newsletter, The Smorgasbord, a sampling of this and that to help you in your work with LGBTQ+ youth
- MyCenterLink, available through the member portal, offering documents, templates, recordings of webinars, etc. to assist you in your work
- 2019 Needs Assessment: LGBTQ+ Youth Centers and Programs - YouthLink conducted a needs assessment in order to better understand the characteristics, services, and challenges of youth programs, and from that, to develop strategies for supporting them through technical assistance, training, and resources.
Q Chat Space, a digital LGBTQ+ center for LGBTQ+ teens providing facilitated live-chat support groups. Q Chat Space is coordinated by YouthLink staff. The facilitators are staff at LGBTQ+ centers from across the country and it is available to all CenterLink members to promote in their region to help support youth who can’t reach them in person.
Howie Price Initiative
The Howie Price Initiative is intended to promote the programmatic development and improvement of services and supports for youth and young adults who have experienced, or face threatened or actual gender/sexual violence or bullying. Materials developed will be available to all CenterLink member centers.