River Road Unitarian Universalist Congregation
Last Updated: 7/12/2017
Ana Lim, Congregational Administrator
6301 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
InstructionsOffice assistant needed for a busy Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Bethesda, MD (Metropolitan DC area). Duties include but are not limited to: maintaining the RRUUC calendar, coordinating rentals, managing weekly publications (paper and digital), providing light IT support including website updates, occasional light bookkeeping, and performing general office duties.
This is a 40-hour per week year round position, and the hours are Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm. Benefits include paid time off, health insurance, pension (after one year) and disability insurance. Position to start in August.
• Physical presence is required. Telecommuting is not available for this position.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite. Knowledge of church software ACS and WordPress is desirable.
• Related work experience required with preferably at least 2 years of college.
• Must be prompt, reliable, and physically able to lift 30 lbs.
• Must have excellent communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with a variety of people in routine and stressful circumstances.
• Must have a willingness to understand and work within Unitarian Universalist Principles, though membership is not required.
• Patience and a sense of humor are required.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Ana Lim. References will be requested later, and a background check will be required. Hourly rate: $16/hr.
⇐ Back to Jobs