Community Engagement Associate
Washington, District of Columbia
Last Updated: 8/9/2017
Ishmael Herod, HR
Open, WA 20001
Link to job: http://www.Click2 ... /4zbdz9n9xbn9w62t
InstructionsThe Greenpeace USA Supporter Mobilization Team brings together online and real world organizing expertise to focus on large, distributed, and scalable mobilization/organizing opportunities for Greenpeace supporters. This team considers all aspects of what it means to be a supporter of Greenpeace (donations, non-violent direct action, off-screen tactics and online tactics).
This team focuses on the lower (but not lowest) parts of the engagement pyramid: large, scalable actions. The team focuses on creating a community of volunteers and moving volunteers up the engagement ladder.
• Manage and help build a community among supporters taking action via digital tools, social networks and our website
• Design and implement systems (phone, email, text, social media, etc...) in which to communicate on a regular basis with potential and existing supporters.
• Create and manage outgoing communication to our national volunteer audience
• Develop, manage and implement webinars, trainings (digital and in-person) and speaker series.
• Manage testing and segmentation, with support from digital skill lead
• Seek out and test digital tools the Supporter Mobilization Team could/should be using
We're looking for someone who has:
• Experience working with volunteers in a campaigning setting.
• Demonstrated affinity for and ability to learn digital skills to engage supporters in taking action for a cause or organization
• Strong writing skills, especially for a popular audience
• Experience writing blast emails that spur people to take action
• Demonstrated ability to create and analyze systems
• Ability to think creatively and move quickly
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
• Basic HTML/CSS preferred, but not required
• Strong commitment to ensuring the organization is an equitable, diverse and inclusive space.
In addition, we need someone who can:
• Create organized tracking documents (spreadsheets, etc.)
• Work independently but collaboratively in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment
• Run trainings and conferences using web-based presentation tools
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/4zbdz9n9xbn9w62t
⇐ Back to Jobs