CenterLink LGBT Jobs/Career Board
CenterLink's Job Board shows current job openings at LGBT community centers as well as at other organizations and institutions whose work is closely related to the needs and interests of LGBT communities.
Click/tap on a state to see the opportunities listed there.
Jobs/CareersSee onsite and remote
New York, New York
Is remote? Yes
New York, NY
Posted: June 20, 2018
Name: Sharifah Taqi, Director of Operations
Location: NYC preferred, but open to other US locations in Central and Eastern time zones.
WHO WE ARE
All Out is a global movement for love and equality. Our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.
By mobilising thousands of people around the world at key moments of crisis and opportunity, we are bringing people power to the movement for equality at an unprecedented rate. We use creative campaigning tactics – both online and offline – to capture global attention around the fight for the rights of lesbian, gay, bi, and trans people.
WHO WE ARE HIRING
We are looking for an Operations Associate to work across operations, member engagement, and fundraising. The ideal candidate must have excellent administration, project management, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills along with the ability to work independently.
This is a great opportunity to get first hand experience of the day-to-day functions of a progressive non-profit and of human rights and LGBT+ digital activism. It will also provide exposure to leaders in the LGBT+ field and grassroots partners on the ground.
This position will ideally be based in New York, although we are open to other US locations in Central and Eastern time zones.
The position will report to the Director of Operations.
The Associate will report to the Director of Operations on all operational work streams including finance, administration and event management. Specifically, the Associate will manage accounts payable and accounts receivable, liaise closely with the bookkeeper to manage monthly financial reporting, and communicate with external vendors. The Associate will also manage logistics for internal meetings and events such as the Staff Retreat and Board Meetings. This is a great opportunity to see what it takes to run a non-profit organisation.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Work with Bookkeeper to ensure records are up to date.
- Manage end of month closing, under guidance of Operations Director.
- Manage the payment of team expenses.
- Oversee quarterly intern recruitment process and other recruitment as needed.
- Track staff vacation and time off through monthly timesheets.
Meeting and Events Management
- Schedule Board meetings and support on preparations, gather materials, etc.
- Lead on the logistics for bi-annual staff retreats, including booking travel.
- Light scheduling for internal meetings.
(2) Supporter Engagement
The Associate will report to the Director of Supporter Engagement to help manage All Out’s external online activities . This is a unique opportunity to work with a nimble, innovative team excited to take risks and test out new platforms and strategies for online fundraising and mobilisation. All Out is expanding our work in crowdfunding for small grassroots partners around the world and this position will play a key role in scaling up this component of our work.
- Respond to online donor inquiries and technical issues.
- Oversee the due diligence process for funding applicants to our Grassroots Giving program, proofing documentation and receiving references.
- Assist in monthly reporting across multiple platforms to help monitor our stats around fundraising, messaging, social, mobile, web, and more.
- Assist in sharing learnings from reporting with the full team.
- Become familiar with online fundraising projections and messaging benchmarks to help inform other reporting work.
- Manage communications from members that come through All Out’s Contact Us online form, triaging to other team members as needed.
- Respond to member enquiries that come in via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram within one business day.
- Monitor social media channels to ensure that people are not violating house rules.
(3) Executive Support
- Support the Executive Director’s high value fundraising work, including:
- Manage logistics for donor events, including liaising with donors.
- Act as contact point for All Out supporters raising money from their own communities for our work.
- Support the All Out Board’s fundraising committee in its work to engage corporations.
- 2-3 years of office experience, ideally with experience in one of the following: non-profit. administration, finance, communications, fundraising or marketing.
- Extremely detail oriented, able to meet deadlines and self start.
- Great interpersonal and project management skills – with the ability to liaise internationally with a range of stakeholders from members, partners, and activists to board members and major donors.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple work streams with minimal supervision
- Desire to thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced global environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- Experience working with data reporting and basic analysis preferred, but not necessary
- Fluency in English, with second language skills highly desirable. Skills in Portuguese, Spanish and French highly preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of social justice and/or LGBT+ issues.
- Good sense of humour.
In order to apply for this position, please submit your résumé as well as a cover letter explaining your motivation for joining All Out.
Applications will not be accepted via email. Visit our website to apply: https://allout.org/en/work-us#op-258814-operations-associate
The deadline to apply to this position is 8 July 2018, 11:59pm EST. Applications received after this date will not be reviewed.
Salary range $44,000 - $49,000 USD, based on experience, plus benefits. This is a permanent position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other. We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, trans people, and gender nonconforming people.
Administrative Assistant For Community Mobilization
New York, New York
Is remote? Yes
National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
Posted: May 29, 2018
Name: Elizabeth Vega, Director of Human Resources
NLIRH seeks a committed, experienced individual who is passionate about Latina/o and women’s issues to support the work of our Community Mobilization department. The Community Mobilization department leads our on-the-ground community organizing and leadership development work along with building a national network of organizational partners and special initiatives related to civic engagement and activism. The Community Mobilization department seeks to build the power of Latinas throughout the country through community organizing, civic engagement and leadership development to create mechanisms for Latinas to influence public policy and build community support for reproductive justice.
The ideal candidate will have extensive administrative experience supporting field and office staff involved in civic engagement programs and/or organizing campaigns. The CM administrative assistant’s duties include general administrative, organizational, and office management duties as assigned in addition to program planning and implementation. We are seeking a skilled, bilingual and extroverted individual with experience working with diverse communities, who is highly motivated in a fast-paced environment.