CenterLink LGBT Jobs/Career Board
CenterLink's Job Board shows current job openings at LGBT community centers as well as at other organizations and institutions whose work is closely related to the needs and interests of LGBT communities.
Click/tap on a state to see the opportunities listed there.
Jobs/CareersSee onsite and remote
Human Rights Campaign
Remote, New York
New York, NY
Associate Regional Campaign Director (CO, SD, ND, WY, NM, MT, ID & UT)
Is remote? Yes
Human Rights Campaign
Posted: January 24, 2020
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
HRC, in collaboration with our state equality partners, works to defend and advance pro-LGBTQ policies at all levels of government, hold elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elect pro-equality champions to office.
The Associate Regional Campaign Director is a regular, full-time position reporting to a Deputy Campaign Director and is based within the region (CO, SD, ND, WY, NM, MT, ID & UT).
The Associate Regional Campaign Director will work with a Deputy Campaign Director to develop and execute proactive and holistic campaign plans to win elections and legislative outcomes. At the direction of a Deputy Campaign Director, the Associate Regional Campaign Director will have primary responsibility for a significant geographic area encompassing several states, will directly manage discrete campaigns or projects within the region, and may directly supervise temporary employees and contractors in the execution of those campaigns or projects.
They will be a critical thinker and thought partner who grasps HRC’s long-term goals and the dynamics that shape our work in the electoral and legislative space, while understanding the day-to-day execution necessary to deliver on our mission. They will enjoy managing a variety of projects simultaneously and will have the organizational skills necessary to stay on top of that scope of work. They will thrive in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment and bring with them an inclination to solve problems creatively.
- Help create a presence for HRC and serve as a point of access to HRC in the region.
- Develop and implement strategic legislative and electoral campaign plans for priority states in the region in collaboration with in-state partner organizations and HRC leadership, ensuring the integration of these plans into HRC’s strategic legislative, electoral, membership, communication and education goals.
- Implement strategies to support HRC-endorsed candidates in federal, state, and local elections, as well as provide assistance to HRC-supported ballot initiative campaigns in the region.
- Implement strategies to support federal, state, and local legislation in states within the region, and provide technical support and assistance to maximize HRC’s local lobbying efforts.
- Lead HRC’s efforts to partner effectively with state and local LGBTQ and allied organizations in the region to advance the goals of the LGBTQ movement.
- Implement outreach efforts in the region to selected constituencies, including people of color, transgender communities, religious communities, business leaders, youth, and others.
- Serve as the primary staff liaison to HRC steering committees in the region with regard to the committees’ political activities. Increase the number of grassroots volunteers and advocates identified and willing to take action in support of HRC’s electoral and legislative priorities.
- Design and implement advocacy training programs for volunteers and supporters in the region.
- Ensure that all volunteer outreach and engagement is meticulously tracked in VAN and reports are submitted as required.
- Share HRC’s commitment to inclusion and the intersectionality of the LGBTQ movement by integrating campaign and outreach efforts to defend and advance shared advocacy priorities like reproductive rights, immigrant rights, and other civil rights causes.
- Hire and manage temporary employees and contractors, as well as supervise the work of other HRC employees on deployment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years in community, issue, labor, legislative or electoral organizing strongly preferred, including substantial experience supervising staff or volunteers representing a rich mix of experience, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- A demonstrated record of successful coalition-building (experience in states in the relevant region preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a metrics-driven issue or electoral campaign effort.
- Demonstrated experience with VAN and a familiarity with other standard organizing and advocacy tools and social media required.
- Must have strong speaking and writing skills, and strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Drive).
- Must be located within the region no more than one hour from a major airport and able to travel for weeks or months at a time to support specific, time-limited campaigns.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have reliable vehicle available because this position requires extensive travel.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in other languages a plus, especially Spanish.
- Strong interest in the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement and a working knowledge of LGBTQ issues. A demonstrated commitment to advancing HRC’s goals and objectives.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
Senior Manager of Supporter Engagement
Remote, New York
Is remote? Yes
New York, NY
Posted: January 21, 2020
Name: Devorne Hormeku, Operations and Marketing Associate
Did you know that in nearly 70 countries it's a crime to be gay and in 10 it can cost you your life? All Out is mobilizing hundreds of thousands of people and their social networks to build a powerful global movement for love and equality. Our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice their family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.
By working online and offline, and in close partnership with human rights defenders in every region in the world, All Out and our members have a real impact on some of the most urgent fights for LGBT+ rights.
To help us move forward this mission, All Out is currently looking for a Senior Manager of Supporter Engagement, preferably located on U.S. East Coast or in the UK. Interested candidates can apply here: http://bit.ly/38nBbWx